Friday, April 4, 2008

It has begun!

So, our digging has begun. I have spent a few hours watching and met Mike during his lunch at the property. They are still digging the hole, which they hope to finish digging today. The concrete crew is there and is starting to put the footings down, and they hope to pour concrete in the next few days. I have spent the day running to different places to get brochures to look at over the weekend, so we can start making interior decisions next week. Wow! It goes pretty quickly once you actually have to start making decisions about the finer details. Brady, unfortunately, didn't get to see the excavator (his favorite machine) in action, but I took a lot of pictures and some video for him to see. He is very excited to build our house and see the equipment, so it is a bummer that he isn't going to see this part, but he will be back on Sunday and I am sure ready to "help!"

1 comment:

tuck11 said...

I'm waiting for pictures. I just love looking at freshly dug dirt holes!!! LOL!