Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend of Fun!

We had a great weekend! Saturday afternoon we played at the park and went to have supper at my favorite restaurant, La Fuente. Love that food!

Sunday, we went to church and Jeff gave a great mesage, but what else is new. Then home for lunch and some short naps and off to the pool in Nevada. It was a little chilly, but both kids actually got in the water, so we were very excited. I love the water, so it has been hard having two kids who don't. Then it was off to dinner with Mike's grandparents, which was also wonderful. After dinner, we found a band playing at bandshell park, so we stopped and let Brady play at the playground and we listened to some decent music. Mike had an interesting encounter with an 8ish-year-old, who felt the need to use the "F" word on more than one occasion. Mike asked him to stop using it, or he would have to talk to his parents. A few minutes later, Mike was pleasantly surprised to have the child come back and apologize for his language! I had the pleasure of visiting with one of the athletes that I used to coach in college, when I was coaching Special Olympics teams from Ames. He didn't remember me, but I remember him. He was and is a very nice young man (not sure exactly his age). Anywhoo, we got some great pics of the kids. Still hoping to have the house done soon. I think they will be done painting tomorrow. Will update when I know more.




1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That black & white picture of Bree is so cute!