Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Taste of Our Own Medicine!

Okay, so I guess it is payback time, and we are on the wrong end of the payback! The following is the conversation between Brady and Mike this morning. A little background: my sister's daughter has been brain-washed by her uncle and aunt to be a Cyclone fan from a very young age. My other sister gave us two huge garbage bags full of stuff that my nephew can no longer wear/use. Some things were conveniently placed on top of one of the bags.

Brady: Daddy, is this a Hawkeye shirt?

Daddy: Yes.

Brady: Daddy, I want to wear this today.

Daddy: But Brady, we just bought you a new Buckeye jersey.

Brady: Yeah, but I like the Hawkeyes better! (imagine a dagger going through Mike's heart)

Daddy: But Brady, the Hawkeyes are yucky!

Brady: But Papa has a Hawkeye shirt.

Daddy: Yeah, but Papa is silly!

Brady: Yeah, but he has a Hawkeye shirt.

Later in the morning, before getting dressed, my friend Hollie calls and Brady wants to talk to her about his shirt.

Brady: Hollie, I got a Hawkeye shirt.

Hollie: Oh Brady, the Hawkeyes are yucky!

Brady: (silence and gives me back the phone) Mommy, I can't wear this shirt today. (Thanks for the support Hollie!)

So, I thought the issue was dead...apparently not. When Brady got up from his nap, he asked to put the Hawkeye jersey on. I guess now we know how my sister feels. 

4 comments:

Janel said...

This is HILARIOUS and something that I could totally see happening in our house too! :)

clarkitect said...

My wife has that effect on men. I cannot explain it. She is the feminine version of Obi-Wan Kenobi waving her hand around, administering her female Jedi mind control.

Kari said...

Funny! Mark would love that! I'm afraid Eli might do the same to be like his daddy!

rltherme said...

Hawks...Fukudome...what's next?! That a way Brady!! Auntie Robin luvs ya extra special! Shall we get you a flag for your house too??