Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Has Spring Sprung?

We have been having SO much fun outside this week! The weather has been great, so great, that we only have come inside to eat and take naps and go to bed! Strangely, Brady has decided that he doesn't need a nap anymore. Funny thing is, when we don't go outside, he takes a nap, but when we spend a lot of time outside, he just has trouble falling asleep until he crashes at about 8 pm! I thought it was supposed to be the other way around! Oh well.

He recently was given a bike from my sister, who used it with my nephew. It is the prefect size for him and he loves to ride it. He has been riding it so much that I thought he was ready to take the training wheels off. However, one try at that and he was done. The bike was no longer steady enough for him! So, for now, the training wheels are still on. When Daddy has a free day, we plan to try again. For now, the extra support will have to work.




I have also been meeting with a Conversational English Partner who I met through a Thanksgiving dinner with our connection group (will explain in a different post). This week she brought her daugher with her since she is on spring break. We were meeting to go over some stuff for her interview with a university to be a professor, which was this week, so we really needed to work on some stuff. Her daughter was playing and all the sudden got really quiet. Below you will see why. I just can't imagine she was very comfortable!

2 comments:

clarkitect said...

Asleep in the coffee table, yesss! You and my wife could do a blog just on kids falling asleep in the craziest places and/or positions. It reminds me of the crazy positions Hollie used to fall asleep in. I remember back in the old days when my single dorm room only had room for one chair. Hol used to come over from her apartment to watch tv. I was usually at my desk drawing or working on a model, so she got the comfy chair while I was at my drafting table. However, if she stayed late I would watch the late-night SportsCenter (cable was new to me then) in my comfy chair. Without fail, she would fall asleep on me with her head on my chest kneeling in front of me on the thinly carpeted concrete floor. I was always amazed at how she always fell asleep that way. We eventually got married, lived in something bigger than a closet, and bought some furniture. She now falls asleep on the comfy couch. However, I no longer have cable tv. Oh, SportsCenter, we'll be togther again someday, once the kids are out of the house... maybe...

Caitlin said...

Inside the coffee table? That's crazy! I am loving this weather!