Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More roofing



Okay, so I know it has been a long time since I have posted, especially since I was on a roll for posting more frequently, but I have been working for Mabes (my mom) selling ads and that has kept me busy, along with two little ones, so I haven't posted in awhile. Anyway, it is cool to see the progress. I don't have any pictures from today, but when we went last night, they had finished the roof on the backside of the house. When we went to the house last night, there was a huge storm north of Ames. You can tell in the pictures when you look at the sky in the front pictures compared to the back pictures. When we went today, the were finishing the roof on the garage, putting the particle board on, had tar paper on most of the main part of the house and were going to finish both this afternoon. The roof guy was also hoping to have the back of the house shingled by the end of the day as well. The rest of the roof should be shingled tomorrow, and hopefully we will have some pictures of it. Brady has started to explore the backyard, and currently the ruts that are there from the big machines are huge. If he stands in the rut, it goes above his waist! I will try to get a picture of it sometime this week. It is pretty funny. He has also gotten his first owies for the summer. He fell off the merry-go-round when Mommy was pushing too fast when he was trying to get off. Then he fell in the dirt at the house, so he is looking pretty rough right now. He asked Mike the other night, "Daddy, can we play a football game out there?" He was talking about the backyard. Bree is now saying "daddy" and "Brady" but not Mommy! I spend the most time with her, yet she doesn't say my name. What is up with that? She is also still crawling all over the place and getting into everything! It is different having two mobile children. I can't leave her somewhere and expect that she will be there when I get back.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Ooo, exciting! I tried to make an eye appt for Mike, but apparently they're too good for our insurance. Sad. :) Sorry. I'm a nerd. At least I admit it though, right?

Mandi said...

I'm so impressed watching this house be built! It looks awesome! I bet you get so anxious to be in it every time you see new progress!